Outdoor Education is almost here. One week from tomorrow we will be loading the busses and heading to our 3 day adventure. Here are a few things to think about:
- Do you have the packing list? If not, please let me know and I’ll send another your way. Do you have all you need so your child is ready and comfortable?
- It will be cold, so make sure your child brings plenty of warm stuff (hats, gloves, scarves and warm socks).
- If your child is getting new boots (not necessary – tennis shoes will do!), make sure that he/she breaks them in before the trip!!!
- I will remind you all again, but next weekend will be the weekend to load up on water. Set an alarm and remind your child to drink a cup of water every 1-2 hours – just like medicine. This will avoid a lot of potential problems.
- Busses LEAVE the school at 7 am next Monday. Make sure your child is there in plenty of time to check in and say goodbye. Our first class starts at 9:00 am so we are unable to wait for tardies.
I promise we will take good care of your child…! 🙂
The other news is Halloween. I sent a sign up link last Friday. The party starts at 2:45 pm. Here is the link again: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/70a084eaea72bab9-halloween (to activate the link, you might have to copy and paste it to your browser).
I have added a few pictures of our egg adventure. We candled the eggs and found out that 17 out of the 18 eggs have chicks in them. This does not mean they will all hatch, but chances are good that we will have a few go all the way to hatching. “Chick day” is tomorrow, so we should be seeing some action soon. We also dissected an egg that was found in our kindergarten playground. This was a fun, yet disgusting experience for all of us. Make sure to ask your child about it.
Grades are available on Infinite Campus now. You should also be able to see 2nd quarter work already. If you don’t have a login for your child, please contact the office for help.
Thank you for sharing your children with me!